CRL – C8 Otahuhu
The C8 Ōtāhuhu project extends beyond the city upgrades of the Auckland City Rail Link (CRL) to the wider Auckland network, commissioning a third platform at Ōtāhuhu station to provide a turnaround loop off the main line that runs parallel to existing track.
Alpha Rail was engaged by KiwiRail to support the delivery of the overhead line equipment. Our role was to manage the construction and engineering delivery. Alpha Rail successfully delivered this project during the day, night and Block of Lines (BOLs) to accommodate the live railway station conditions.
This Project saw the first Tensorex installed in New Zealand. A Tensorex is a spring automated tensioning device which replaces the standard balance weight assemblies providing a better end solution.
The work scope undertaken by Alpha Rail included:
- Construction of a new Third Main track (1.3km long and adjacent to the main line)
- Construction of four new crossovers including new OLE infrastructure (lines and signal equipment) to service the new rail infrastructure.
- Modifications to the existing OLE between Ōtāhuhu Station and Portage Road.
- Additional works for the installation of bridge screens (currently underway).
- Multiple Temporary OLE Slews to accommodate new crossover installation.
Get in touch today
We understand all of the requirements and don't produce
anything that can't be built.
© Copyright 2024 - Alpha Rail Ltd.